Why does Sam hate you? -Tara
He's just looking for someone to blame.- Maryann
...and so tonight is another night full of True Blood, and here is the synopsis and preview of tonight's episode - Scratches.
Bill is ticked off with Sookie for bringing Jessica to her parents' house, which results in a fight on the car trip back home. Sookie gets out of the car and walks off into the woods where's she attacked -- scratched down the back -- by a strange creature. Jason starts to doubt being in league with the anti-vampire set, but Steve and Sarah Newlin wine and dine him and recruit him for special role at fellowship camp. Jessica heads out to Merlotte's to pass the time, and runs into Hoyt, who instantly falls in love with her. Tara finally gets a clue that not all is right at Maryann's House-of-Passion-Fruit when the guests get especially friendly at a party Maryann throws.
We are also happy to know that a two-part interview which will be published on tvguide.com tonight (or tomorrow?), and on the Monday (or Sunday?) after the 4th episode. And here you may listen *** to the interviewer speak very graciously of Michelle. He gives away a few pointers about the interview, and reinforces the notion we already got from previous interviews - that for Maryann there is no distinction between good and bad, or tenderness and violence, and that the character is very much beyond the Maenad from Charlaine Harris' novels.
*** deleted the link --chris
Stay The Hell Away From Her!
"All bets are off with Maryann. If the author [of the books] can do any damn thing with mythology that she pleases, then Maryann could spit poison like a cobra or grow butterfly wings or turn Sookie into a hamster or take Sam on a date to Mars."
"[Alan Ball] .. clearly intends to use her identity as a central 'hook' to keep the viewers guessing for the rest of the season as he did with the identity of the killer last season. The more 'weird' he piles onto her character, the more the viewers want to know about her. He uses the tactic because it works with most viewers ..."
When Sookie is attacked by a mysterious creature, Bill must enlist Eric's help to save her. At the Light of Day retreat, Jason has second thoughts about the sect's anti-vampire agenda, but Sarah and Steve counter with flattery and promises. After snapping at Tara and new employee Daphne, Sam decides to cut and run. In order to liberate Lafayette, Sookie strikes a deal with Eric. A bored Jessica heads over to Merlotte's, where a smitten Hoyt falls under her spell. At another Maryann-hosted party, Tara finds her attraction to Eggs mitigated by a persistent, aphrodisiac fog.
What or who is Maryann? Speculations, wishes, projections, superficial knowledge and fantasies:* Some kind of goddess or demi-goddess. Just throw in anything, from over five thousand years of mythology, from all over this beautiful world
* Supernatural creature. Choose the most absurd or the most exciting things you know from movies and TV (e.g. 'black eyes', seen them in the X-Files, or 'The Prophecy'?)
* Witch, bitch, demon, the devil, Bacchante or Maenad (copy the completely misguiding wikipedia article), priestess, acolyte, minotaur, a Pan groupie, Queen Of Weeds, a liberal extremist, a psychotic who opens up the doorway to hell (A. Ball), a freaky pig lady ...
* A tactic of the writers to create suspense, using all kinds of ridiculous and/or weird other-worldly creatures
* A social worker (haven't we already excluded this option?)
* The character Maryann is a tribute to Michelle Forbes - and her sensual and pretty wicked way of saying goodbye to Hollywood. (This stupid idea is my personal theory.)
P.S.: Due to some technical issues that our TB writer faces in Dublin, you are stuck with me and my offbeat approach to the upcoming episode of True Blood.
P.P.S: Randy is back, and we are merging the posts :)