Thursday 15 October 2009

Respect for Diversity

Videos of the Respect Awards, Los Angeles, October 9, 2009.

Sam Trammell & Michelle Forbes@GLSEN:




Alan Ball & Michael Lombardo@GLSEN:



---> Watch In The Gloaming (mentioned by Lombardo in his acceptance speech), co-produced 1997 by HBO. I cried my eyes out when I watched this film some years ago.

Danny (Robert Sean Leonard), dying of Aids, returns home for his last months. - His mother (Glenn Close) sings Danny Boy:



And again I feel I'm probably not the right person to post about this Hollywood event. My knowledge about the US and the media industry and the struggle for lesbian and gay rights in the US is very limited. My first reaction was: Why do they send two straight actors to represent HBO? Where are the gay actors and actresses? And, more importantly, where are the lesbian characters in the HBO productions?